In Reception we love to learn through play and exciting experiences - the messier and more hands-on, the better!
There are 7 areas of learning...
3 Prime Areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - this is all about making friends, being confident and managing our feelings and behaviour.
- Moving and Handling - this means big movement e.g. running, jumping or climbing the stairs and small movement e.g. holding a pencil. We also learn to dress ourselves and take care of our own health and self-care.
- Communication and Language - speaking with, listening to and understanding each other.
4 Specific Areas:
- Literacy - including reading and writing.
- Maths - numbers, shapes and measuring.
- Understanding the World - experimenting, exploring and finding out about people and places.
- Expressive Arts and Design - making music and art, being creative and expressing ourselves through role-play.